Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Berlin
- Minimum Liability Limits in Berlin: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Berlin
- Berlin Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Financial responsibility only (insurance not compulsory)
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Berlin
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Berlin 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Berlin Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Berlin Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Berlin
- Based on historical and current data, 6,847 cars are currently insured in Berlin. 
- New Hampshire cities collectively ranked 41st in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 896,848. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Berlin
- Based on historical and current data, Berlin has an estimated 880 uninsured drivers. 
- New Hampshire cities collectively had the 33rd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Berlin
- New Hampshire cities collectively had the 29th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Berlin Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Berlin Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Berlin 
- Berlin, NH minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Berlin
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Berlin
- Safety Belt Laws in Berlin
- The state of New Hampshire is the only state that has no safety belt law in place at all. 
- Child restraint law in place for 6 years and younger who are less than 57 inches (effective 01/01/14). 
New Hampshire Car & Driver Facts
New Hampshire Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NH 
- Registered Cars: 594,931
- Registered Trucks: 601,080
- Registered Motorcycles: 79,267
- Total Registrations: 1,278,484
- Rank: New Hampshire ranked 40th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New Hampshire Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NH
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road) 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New Hampshire Motor Fuel Consumption
- New Hampshire cities collectively ranked 41st in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New Hampshire Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NH 
- Female Drivers: 527,010
- Male Drivers: 529,879
- Total Drivers: 1,056,889
- Rank: 40th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Berlin, NH
Berlin (New Hampshire) is a city with a population of 10,051  that is located in Coos County.
Did you know?
Novice drivers are prohibited from the use of all cell phones in 37 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)