Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Nashua
- Minimum Liability Limits in Nashua: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Nashua
- Nashua Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Financial responsibility only (insurance not compulsory)
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Nashua
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Nashua 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Nashua Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Nashua Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Nashua
- Based on historical and current data, 58,924 cars are currently insured in Nashua. 
- New Hampshire cities collectively ranked 41st in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 896,848. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Nashua
- Based on historical and current data, Nashua has an estimated 7,569 uninsured drivers. 
- New Hampshire cities collectively had the 33rd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Nashua
- New Hampshire cities collectively had the 29th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Nashua Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Nashua Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Nashua 
- Nashua, NH minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Nashua
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Nashua
- Safety Belt Laws in Nashua
- The state of New Hampshire is the only state that has no safety belt law in place at all. 
- Child restraint law in place for 6 years and younger who are less than 57 inches (effective 01/01/14). 
New Hampshire Car & Driver Facts
New Hampshire Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NH 
- Registered Cars: 594,931
- Registered Trucks: 601,080
- Registered Motorcycles: 79,267
- Total Registrations: 1,278,484
- Rank: New Hampshire ranked 40th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New Hampshire Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NH
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road) 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New Hampshire Motor Fuel Consumption
- New Hampshire cities collectively ranked 41st in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New Hampshire Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NH 
- Female Drivers: 527,010
- Male Drivers: 529,879
- Total Drivers: 1,056,889
- Rank: 40th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Nashua, NH
Nashua (New Hampshire) is a city with a population of 86,494  that is located in Hillsborough County.
Did you know?
Driving while text messaging is currently banned for all drivers in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)