Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Jefferson
- Minimum Liability Limits in Jefferson: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Jefferson
- Jefferson Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Financial responsibility only (insurance not compulsory)
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Jefferson
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Jefferson 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Jefferson Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Jefferson Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Jefferson
- Based on historical and current data, 754 cars are currently insured in Jefferson. 
- New Hampshire cities collectively ranked 41st in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 896,848. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Jefferson
- Based on historical and current data, Jefferson has an estimated 97 uninsured drivers. 
- New Hampshire cities collectively had the 33rd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Jefferson
- New Hampshire cities collectively had the 29th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Jefferson Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Jefferson Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Jefferson 
- Jefferson, NH minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Jefferson
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Jefferson
- Safety Belt Laws in Jefferson
- The state of New Hampshire is the only state that has no safety belt law in place at all. 
- Child restraint law in place for 6 years and younger who are less than 57 inches (effective 01/01/14). 
New Hampshire Car & Driver Facts
New Hampshire Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NH 
- Registered Cars: 594,931
- Registered Trucks: 601,080
- Registered Motorcycles: 79,267
- Total Registrations: 1,278,484
- Rank: New Hampshire ranked 40th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New Hampshire Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NH
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road) 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New Hampshire Motor Fuel Consumption
- New Hampshire cities collectively ranked 41st in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New Hampshire Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NH 
- Female Drivers: 527,010
- Male Drivers: 529,879
- Total Drivers: 1,056,889
- Rank: 40th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Jefferson, NH
Jefferson (New Hampshire) is a city with a population of 1,107  that is located in Coos County.
Did you know?
Cell phone use while driving a school bus is currently banned in 21 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)