Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Shelton
- Minimum Liability Limits in Shelton: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Shelton
- Shelton Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Shelton
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Shelton 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Shelton Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Shelton Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Shelton
- Based on historical and current data, 865 cars are currently insured in Shelton. 
- Nebraska cities collectively ranked 37th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 1,492,531. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Shelton
- Based on historical and current data, Shelton has an estimated 61 uninsured drivers. 
- Nebraska cities collectively had the 46th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Shelton
- Nebraska cities collectively had the 46th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Shelton Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Secondary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Shelton Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Shelton 
- Shelton, NE minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Shelton
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Shelton
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Shelton
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1993 and apply to drivers/passengers 18+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 5 years and younger. 
Nebraska Car & Driver Facts
Nebraska Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NE 
- Registered Cars: 766,395
- Registered Trucks: 1,065,473
- Registered Motorcycles: 51,376
- Total Registrations: 1,886,956
- Rank: Nebraska ranked 35th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Nebraska Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NE
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 60 mph 
- Nebraska Motor Fuel Consumption
- Nebraska cities collectively ranked 37th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Nebraska Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NE 
- Female Drivers: 676,726
- Male Drivers: 679,651
- Total Drivers: 1,356,377
- Rank: 37th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Shelton, NE
Shelton (Nebraska) is a village with a population of 1,059  that is located in Buffalo County.
Did you know?
Driving while talking on a hand-held cell phone is currently prohibited in in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)