Fenwick Island Car Insurance
Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Fenwick Island
- Minimum Liability Limits in Fenwick Island: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Fenwick Island
- Fenwick Island Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Fenwick Island
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Fenwick Island 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Fenwick Island Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Fenwick Island Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Fenwick Island
- Based on historical and current data, 261 cars are currently insured in Fenwick Island. 
- Delaware cities collectively ranked 47th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 618,485. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Fenwick Island
- Based on historical and current data, Fenwick Island has an estimated 33 uninsured drivers. 
- Delaware cities collectively had the 34th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Fenwick Island
- Delaware cities collectively had the 6th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Fenwick Island Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to learner's permit and intermediate license holders. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Fenwick Island Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Fenwick Island 
- Fenwick Island, DE minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Fenwick Island
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Fenwick Island
- Motorcycle helmets required for 18 and younger. 
- Each motorcycle operator or rider age 19 and older must carry an approved helmet. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Fenwick Island
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1992 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger and less than 66 pounds. 
Delaware Car & Driver Facts
Delaware Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in DE 
- Registered Cars: 490,696
- Registered Trucks: 405,093
- Registered Motorcycles: 30,498
- Total Registrations: 929,415
- Rank: Delaware ranked 45th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Delaware Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in DE
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 55 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- Delaware Motor Fuel Consumption
- Delaware cities collectively ranked 47th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Delaware Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in DE 
- Female Drivers: 366,130
- Male Drivers: 349,979
- Total Drivers: 716,109
- Rank: 45th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Fenwick Island, DE
About Fenwick Island
Fenwick Island (Delaware) is a town with a population of 379  that is located in Sussex County.
Did you know?
California has a program that offers low-cost auto policies to low-income drivers (California Assigned Risk Program).
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)