Henlopen Acres Car Insurance
Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Henlopen Acres
- Minimum Liability Limits in Henlopen Acres: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Henlopen Acres
- Henlopen Acres Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Henlopen Acres
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Henlopen Acres 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Henlopen Acres Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Henlopen Acres Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Henlopen Acres
- Based on historical and current data, 84 cars are currently insured in Henlopen Acres. 
- Delaware cities collectively ranked 47th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 618,485. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Henlopen Acres
- Based on historical and current data, Henlopen Acres has an estimated 11 uninsured drivers. 
- Delaware cities collectively had the 34th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Henlopen Acres
- Delaware cities collectively had the 6th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Henlopen Acres Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to learner's permit and intermediate license holders. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Henlopen Acres Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Henlopen Acres 
- Henlopen Acres, DE minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Henlopen Acres
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Henlopen Acres
- Motorcycle helmets required for 18 and younger. 
- Each motorcycle operator or rider age 19 and older must carry an approved helmet. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Henlopen Acres
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1992 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger and less than 66 pounds. 
Delaware Car & Driver Facts
Delaware Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in DE 
- Registered Cars: 490,696
- Registered Trucks: 405,093
- Registered Motorcycles: 30,498
- Total Registrations: 929,415
- Rank: Delaware ranked 45th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Delaware Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in DE
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 55 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- Delaware Motor Fuel Consumption
- Delaware cities collectively ranked 47th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Delaware Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in DE 
- Female Drivers: 366,130
- Male Drivers: 349,979
- Total Drivers: 716,109
- Rank: 45th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Henlopen Acres, DE
About Henlopen Acres
Henlopen Acres (Delaware) is a town with a population of 122  that is located in Sussex County.
Did you know?
Under primary laws, an officer can ticket a driver for the offense (such as texting) without another traffic violation occurring.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)