Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Cheswold
- Minimum Liability Limits in Cheswold: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Cheswold
- Cheswold Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Cheswold
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Cheswold 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Cheswold Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Cheswold Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Cheswold
- Based on historical and current data, 951 cars are currently insured in Cheswold. 
- Delaware cities collectively ranked 47th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 618,485. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Cheswold
- Based on historical and current data, Cheswold has an estimated 119 uninsured drivers. 
- Delaware cities collectively had the 34th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Cheswold
- Delaware cities collectively had the 6th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Cheswold Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to learner's permit and intermediate license holders. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Cheswold Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Cheswold 
- Cheswold, DE minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Cheswold
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Cheswold
- Motorcycle helmets required for 18 and younger. 
- Each motorcycle operator or rider age 19 and older must carry an approved helmet. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Cheswold
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1992 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger and less than 66 pounds. 
Delaware Car & Driver Facts
Delaware Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in DE 
- Registered Cars: 490,696
- Registered Trucks: 405,093
- Registered Motorcycles: 30,498
- Total Registrations: 929,415
- Rank: Delaware ranked 45th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Delaware Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in DE
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 55 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- Delaware Motor Fuel Consumption
- Delaware cities collectively ranked 47th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Delaware Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in DE 
- Female Drivers: 366,130
- Male Drivers: 349,979
- Total Drivers: 716,109
- Rank: 45th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Cheswold, DE
Cheswold (Delaware) is a town with a population of 1,380  that is located in Kent County.
Did you know?
Some motorcyclists are currently required by law to wear a helmet in 47 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)