Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Flemington
- Minimum Liability Limits in Flemington: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: Basic policy (optional) limits are $10,000/$10,000/$5,000. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage not available under the basic policy but uninsured motorist coverage is required under the standard policy.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Flemington
- Flemington Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Flemington
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Flemington 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Flemington Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Flemington Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Flemington
- Based on historical and current data, 2,792 cars are currently insured in Flemington. 
- New Jersey cities collectively ranked 12th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 5,358,929. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Flemington
- Based on historical and current data, Flemington has an estimated 349 uninsured drivers. 
- New Jersey cities collectively had the 31st highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Flemington
- New Jersey cities collectively had the 1st highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Flemington Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to learner's permit and intermediate license holders. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Flemington Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Flemington 
- Flemington, NJ minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Flemington
- Renewal cycle: 4 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Flemington
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Flemington
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1985 and apply to drivers/passengers 7 years and younger and more than 80 pounds; 8+ in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger and less than 80 pounds. 
New Jersey Car & Driver Facts
New Jersey Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NJ 
- Registered Cars: 4,416,631
- Registered Trucks: 3,172,253
- Registered Motorcycles: 330,489
- Total Registrations: 7,939,956
- Rank: New Jersey ranked 9th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New Jersey Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NJ
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 55 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New Jersey Motor Fuel Consumption
- New Jersey cities collectively ranked 11th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New Jersey Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NJ 
- Female Drivers: 3,042,562
- Male Drivers: 2,934,896
- Total Drivers: 5,977,458
- Rank: 12th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Flemington, NJ
Flemington (New Jersey) is a borough with a population of 4,581  that is located in Hunterdon County.
Did you know?
California has a program that offers low-cost auto policies to low-income drivers (California Assigned Risk Program).
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)