Rich Square Car Insurance
Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Rich Square
- Minimum Liability Limits in Rich Square: 30/60/25 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Rich Square
- Rich Square Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory in policies with uninsured motorist limits exceeding 30/60.
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Rich Square
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Rich Square 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Rich Square Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Rich Square Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Rich Square
- Based on historical and current data, 720 cars are currently insured in Rich Square. 
- North Carolina cities collectively ranked 8th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 7,168,023. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Rich Square
- Based on historical and current data, Rich Square has an estimated 89 uninsured drivers. 
- North Carolina cities collectively had the 23rd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Rich Square
- North Carolina cities collectively had the 45th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Rich Square Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Rich Square Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Rich Square 
- Rich Square, NC minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Rich Square
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Rich Square
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Rich Square
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1985 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger and less than 80 pounds. 
North Carolina Car & Driver Facts
North Carolina Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NC 
- Registered Cars: 3,264,444
- Registered Trucks: 2,743,261
- Registered Motorcycles: 223,305
- Total Registrations: 6,249,592
- Rank: North Carolina ranked 12th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
North Carolina Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NC
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 70 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- North Carolina Motor Fuel Consumption
- North Carolina cities collectively ranked 9th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
North Carolina Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NC 
- Female Drivers: 3,382,446
- Male Drivers: 3,186,895
- Total Drivers: 6,569,341
- Rank: 10th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Rich Square, NC
About Rich Square
Rich Square (North Carolina) is a town with a population of 958  that is located in Northampton County.
Did you know?
Penalties for driving without required insurance coverage vary widely by location. Fines can reach into the thousands of dollars.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)