Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Virden
- Minimum Liability Limits in Virden: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Virden
- Virden Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Virden
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Virden 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Virden Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Virden Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Virden
- Based on historical and current data, 112 cars are currently insured in Virden. 
- New Mexico cities collectively ranked 36th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 1,523,172. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Virden
- Based on historical and current data, Virden has an estimated 27 uninsured drivers. 
- New Mexico cities collectively had the 2nd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Virden
- New Mexico cities collectively had the 30th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Virden Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for learner's permit and intermediate license holders. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to learner's permit and intermediate license holders. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Virden Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Virden 
- Virden, NM minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Virden
- Renewal cycle: 4 or 8 years at the option of the driver 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Virden
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Virden
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1986 and apply to drivers/passengers 18+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for younger than 1 year in a rear-facing infant seat; 1 - 4 years or less than 40 pounds in a child safety seat; 5 - 6 or less than 60 pounds in a booster seat. 
New Mexico Car & Driver Facts
New Mexico Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NM 
- Registered Cars: 718,457
- Registered Trucks: 984,465
- Registered Motorcycles: 64,912
- Total Registrations: 1,772,040
- Rank: New Mexico ranked 37th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New Mexico Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NM
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 75 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New Mexico Motor Fuel Consumption
- New Mexico cities collectively ranked 35th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New Mexico Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NM 
- Female Drivers: 711,481
- Male Drivers: 707,160
- Total Drivers: 1,418,641
- Rank: 36th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Virden, NM
Virden (New Mexico) is a village with a population of 152  that is located in Hidalgo County.
Did you know?
Across all U.S. states, Massachusetts has the fewest uninsured drivers - approximately 4.5 percent at last measure.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)