Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Unionville
- Minimum Liability Limits in Unionville: 30/60/25 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Unionville
- Unionville Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory in policies with uninsured motorist limits exceeding 30/60.
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Unionville
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Unionville 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Unionville Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Unionville Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Unionville
- Based on historical and current data, 4,457 cars are currently insured in Unionville. 
- North Carolina cities collectively ranked 8th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 7,168,023. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Unionville
- Based on historical and current data, Unionville has an estimated 551 uninsured drivers. 
- North Carolina cities collectively had the 23rd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Unionville
- North Carolina cities collectively had the 45th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Unionville Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Unionville Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Unionville 
- Unionville, NC minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Unionville
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Unionville
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Unionville
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1985 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger and less than 80 pounds. 
North Carolina Car & Driver Facts
North Carolina Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NC 
- Registered Cars: 3,264,444
- Registered Trucks: 2,743,261
- Registered Motorcycles: 223,305
- Total Registrations: 6,249,592
- Rank: North Carolina ranked 12th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
North Carolina Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NC
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 70 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- North Carolina Motor Fuel Consumption
- North Carolina cities collectively ranked 9th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
North Carolina Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NC 
- Female Drivers: 3,382,446
- Male Drivers: 3,186,895
- Total Drivers: 6,569,341
- Rank: 10th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Unionville, NC
Unionville (North Carolina) is a town with a population of 5,929  that is located in Union County.
Did you know?
As of July 2013, 26 U.S. states had laws that allow drivers to show proof of insurance electronically on smartphones.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)