Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Carlin
- Minimum Liability Limits in Carlin: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Carlin
- Carlin Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Carlin
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Carlin 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Carlin Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Carlin Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Carlin
- Based on historical and current data, 1,571 cars are currently insured in Carlin. 
- Nevada cities collectively ranked 35th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 1,791,986. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Carlin
- Based on historical and current data, Carlin has an estimated 197 uninsured drivers. 
- Nevada cities collectively had the 24th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Carlin
- Nevada cities collectively had the 11th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Carlin Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Carlin Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Carlin 
- Carlin, NV minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Carlin
- Renewal cycle: 4 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Carlin
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Carlin
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1987 and apply to drivers/passengers 6+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 5 years and younger and 60 pounds or less. 
Nevada Car & Driver Facts
Nevada Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NV 
- Registered Cars: 1,079,145
- Registered Trucks: 1,000,945
- Registered Motorcycles: 68,976
- Total Registrations: 2,152,407
- Rank: Nevada ranked 33rd in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Nevada Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NV
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 70 mph 
- Nevada Motor Fuel Consumption
- Nevada cities collectively ranked 36th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Nevada Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NV 
- Female Drivers: 828,315
- Male Drivers: 872,514
- Total Drivers: 1,700,829
- Rank: 35th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Carlin, NV
Carlin (Nevada) is a city with a population of 2,368  that is located in Elko County.
Did you know?
Penalties for driving without required insurance coverage vary widely by location. Fines can reach into the thousands of dollars.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)