Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Manchester
- Minimum Liability Limits in Manchester: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Manchester
- Manchester Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Manchester
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Manchester 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Manchester Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Manchester Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Manchester
- Based on historical and current data, 12,841 cars are currently insured in Manchester. 
- Missouri cities collectively ranked 17th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 4,250,331. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Manchester
- Based on historical and current data, Manchester has an estimated 1,770 uninsured drivers. 
- Missouri cities collectively had the 22nd highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Manchester
- Missouri cities collectively had the 33rd highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Manchester Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for drivers 21 and younger. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Manchester Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Manchester 
- Manchester, MO minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Manchester
- Renewal cycle: 6 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Manchester
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Manchester
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1985 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 3 years and younger or less than 10 pounds must be in a child restraint; 4 - 7 years between 40 and 80 pounds and 4-feet-9-inches or shorter in booster seat. 
Missouri Car & Driver Facts
Missouri Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in MO 
- Registered Cars: 2,440,765
- Registered Trucks: 2,572,195
- Registered Motorcycles: 140,947
- Total Registrations: 5,169,994
- Rank: Missouri ranked 18th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Missouri Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in MO
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 60 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Missouri Motor Fuel Consumption
- Missouri cities collectively ranked 14th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Missouri Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in MO 
- Female Drivers: 2,177,938
- Male Drivers: 2,099,099
- Total Drivers: 4,277,037
- Rank: 18th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Manchester, MO
Manchester (Missouri) is a city with a population of 18,094  that is located in Saint Louis County.
Did you know?
Driving while text messaging is currently banned for all drivers in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)