Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Davenport
- Minimum Liability Limits in Davenport: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Davenport
- Davenport Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Davenport
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Davenport 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Davenport Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Davenport Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Davenport
- Based on historical and current data, 240 cars are currently insured in Davenport. 
- Nebraska cities collectively ranked 37th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 1,492,531. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Davenport
- Based on historical and current data, Davenport has an estimated 17 uninsured drivers. 
- Nebraska cities collectively had the 46th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Davenport
- Nebraska cities collectively had the 46th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Davenport Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Secondary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Davenport Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Davenport 
- Davenport, NE minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Davenport
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Davenport
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Davenport
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1993 and apply to drivers/passengers 18+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 5 years and younger. 
Nebraska Car & Driver Facts
Nebraska Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NE 
- Registered Cars: 766,395
- Registered Trucks: 1,065,473
- Registered Motorcycles: 51,376
- Total Registrations: 1,886,956
- Rank: Nebraska ranked 35th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Nebraska Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NE
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 60 mph 
- Nebraska Motor Fuel Consumption
- Nebraska cities collectively ranked 37th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Nebraska Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NE 
- Female Drivers: 676,726
- Male Drivers: 679,651
- Total Drivers: 1,356,377
- Rank: 37th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Davenport, NE
Davenport (Nebraska) is a village with a population of 294  that is located in Thayer County.
Did you know?
Penalties for driving without required insurance coverage vary widely by location. Fines can reach into the thousands of dollars.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)