Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Kosciusko
- Minimum Liability Limits in Kosciusko: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Kosciusko
- Kosciusko Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Kosciusko
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Kosciusko 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Kosciusko Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Kosciusko Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Kosciusko
- Based on historical and current data, 4,575 cars are currently insured in Kosciusko. 
- Mississippi cities collectively ranked 33rd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 1,833,956. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Kosciusko
- Based on historical and current data, Kosciusko has an estimated 1,346 uninsured drivers. 
- Mississippi cities collectively had the 1st highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Kosciusko
- Mississippi cities collectively had the 22nd highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Kosciusko Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for learner's permit and intermediate license holders and school bus drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Kosciusko Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Kosciusko 
- Kosciusko, MS minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Kosciusko
- Renewal cycle: 4 or 8 years, at the option of the driver 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Kosciusko
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Kosciusko
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1994 and apply to drivers/passengers 7+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 3 years and younger must be in a child restraint; 4 - 6 years and either less than 57 inches or less than 65 pounds must be in a booster seat. 
Mississippi Car & Driver Facts
Mississippi Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in MS 
- Registered Cars: 1,050,978
- Registered Trucks: 948,456
- Registered Motorcycles: 28,078
- Total Registrations: 2,036,524
- Rank: Mississippi ranked 34th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Mississippi Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in MS
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 70 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Mississippi Motor Fuel Consumption
- Mississippi cities collectively ranked 29th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Mississippi Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in MS 
- Female Drivers: 1,007,017
- Male Drivers: 919,586
- Total Drivers: 1,926,603
- Rank: 33rd highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Kosciusko, MS
Kosciusko (Mississippi) is a city with a population of 7,402  that is located in Attala County.
Did you know?
Driving while text messaging is currently banned for all drivers in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)