Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Cruger
- Minimum Liability Limits in Cruger: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Cruger
- Cruger Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Cruger
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Cruger 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Cruger Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Cruger Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Cruger
- Based on historical and current data, 239 cars are currently insured in Cruger. 
- Mississippi cities collectively ranked 33rd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 1,833,956. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Cruger
- Based on historical and current data, Cruger has an estimated 70 uninsured drivers. 
- Mississippi cities collectively had the 1st highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Cruger
- Mississippi cities collectively had the 22nd highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Cruger Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for learner's permit and intermediate license holders and school bus drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Cruger Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Cruger 
- Cruger, MS minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Cruger
- Renewal cycle: 4 or 8 years, at the option of the driver 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Cruger
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Cruger
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1994 and apply to drivers/passengers 7+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 3 years and younger must be in a child restraint; 4 - 6 years and either less than 57 inches or less than 65 pounds must be in a booster seat. 
Mississippi Car & Driver Facts
Mississippi Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in MS 
- Registered Cars: 1,050,978
- Registered Trucks: 948,456
- Registered Motorcycles: 28,078
- Total Registrations: 2,036,524
- Rank: Mississippi ranked 34th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Mississippi Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in MS
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 70 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Mississippi Motor Fuel Consumption
- Mississippi cities collectively ranked 29th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Mississippi Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in MS 
- Female Drivers: 1,007,017
- Male Drivers: 919,586
- Total Drivers: 1,926,603
- Rank: 33rd highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Cruger, MS
Cruger (Mississippi) is a town with a population of 386  that is located in Holmes County.
Did you know?
As of July 2013, 26 U.S. states had laws that allow drivers to show proof of insurance electronically on smartphones.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)