Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Ramsey
- Minimum Liability Limits in Ramsey: 20/40/15 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Ramsey
- Ramsey Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Ramsey
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Ramsey 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Ramsey Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Ramsey Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Ramsey
- Based on historical and current data, 642 cars are currently insured in Ramsey. 
- Illinois cities collectively ranked 7th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 7,942,599. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Ramsey
- Based on historical and current data, Ramsey has an estimated 101 uninsured drivers. 
- Illinois cities collectively had the 20th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Ramsey
- Illinois cities collectively had the 24th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Ramsey Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for drivers in construction and school speed zones or within 500 feet of an emergency scene (exemption applies for drivers reporting an emergency situation or communicating with emergency personnel during an emergency situation). 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 19 and learner's permit holders younger than 19. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Ramsey Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Ramsey 
- Ramsey, IL minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Ramsey
- Renewal cycle: 4 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Ramsey
- Safety Belt Laws in Ramsey
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1988 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger. 
Illinois Car & Driver Facts
Illinois Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in IL 
- Registered Cars: 5,563,757
- Registered Trucks: 4,497,731
- Registered Motorcycles: 350,292
- Total Registrations: 10,445,208
- Rank: Illinois ranked 4th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Illinois Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in IL
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 55 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- Illinois Motor Fuel Consumption
- Illinois cities collectively ranked 7th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Illinois Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in IL 
- Female Drivers: 4,251,141
- Male Drivers: 4,122,828
- Total Drivers: 8,373,969
- Rank: 6th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Ramsey, IL
Ramsey (Illinois) is a village with a population of 1,037  that is located in Fayette County.
Did you know?
Motorcyclists are currently required by law to wear a helmet are in place in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)