Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Santa Rosa
- Minimum Liability Limits in Santa Rosa: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: CA has a California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan for low-income drivers with low-cost policy limits of $10,000/$20,000/$3,000.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Santa Rosa
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Santa Rosa 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Santa Rosa Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Santa Rosa Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Santa Rosa
- Based on historical and current data, 109,110 cars are currently insured in Santa Rosa. 
- California cities collectively ranked 1st in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 24,221,799. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Santa Rosa
- Based on historical and current data, Santa Rosa has an estimated 16,120 uninsured drivers. 
- California cities collectively had the 17th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Santa Rosa
- California cities collectively had the 21st highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Santa Rosa Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers, although drivers older than 18 may dictate, send or listen to text-based messages if they're using voice-activated, hands-free devices. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school and transit bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect for hand-held and texting laws. Secondary enforcement in effect for all cell phone use by drivers 17 and younger. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Santa Rosa Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Santa Rosa 
- Santa Rosa, CA minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Santa Rosa
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Santa Rosa
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Santa Rosa
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1986 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger who are less than 57 inches. 
California Car & Driver Facts
California Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in CA 
- Registered Cars: 14,549,841
- Registered Trucks: 13,771,330
- Registered Motorcycles: 818,650
- Total Registrations: 29,176,697
- Rank: California ranked 1st in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
California Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in CA
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 55 mph) 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph) 
- Other roads: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph) 
- California Motor Fuel Consumption
- California cities collectively ranked 1st in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
California Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in CA 
- Female Drivers: 11,746,427
- Male Drivers: 12,110,173
- Total Drivers: 23,856,600
- Rank: 1st highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Santa Rosa, CA
About Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa (California) is a city with a population of 167,815  that is located in Sonoma County.
Did you know?
As of July 2013, 26 U.S. states had laws that allow drivers to show proof of insurance electronically on smartphones.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)