Laguna Hills Car Insurance
Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Laguna Hills
- Minimum Liability Limits in Laguna Hills: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: CA has a California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan for low-income drivers with low-cost policy limits of $10,000/$20,000/$3,000.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Laguna Hills
- Laguna Hills Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Laguna Hills
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Laguna Hills 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Laguna Hills Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Laguna Hills Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Laguna Hills
- Based on historical and current data, 19,729 cars are currently insured in Laguna Hills. 
- California cities collectively ranked 1st in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 24,221,799. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Laguna Hills
- Based on historical and current data, Laguna Hills has an estimated 2,915 uninsured drivers. 
- California cities collectively had the 17th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Laguna Hills
- California cities collectively had the 21st highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Laguna Hills Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers, although drivers older than 18 may dictate, send or listen to text-based messages if they're using voice-activated, hands-free devices. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school and transit bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect for hand-held and texting laws. Secondary enforcement in effect for all cell phone use by drivers 17 and younger. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Laguna Hills Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Laguna Hills 
- Laguna Hills, CA minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Laguna Hills
- Renewal cycle: 5 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Laguna Hills
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Laguna Hills
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1986 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 7 years and younger who are less than 57 inches. 
California Car & Driver Facts
California Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in CA 
- Registered Cars: 14,549,841
- Registered Trucks: 13,771,330
- Registered Motorcycles: 818,650
- Total Registrations: 29,176,697
- Rank: California ranked 1st in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
California Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in CA
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 55 mph) 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph) 
- Other roads: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph) 
- California Motor Fuel Consumption
- California cities collectively ranked 1st in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
California Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in CA 
- Female Drivers: 11,746,427
- Male Drivers: 12,110,173
- Total Drivers: 23,856,600
- Rank: 1st highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Laguna Hills, CA
About Laguna Hills
Laguna Hills (California) is a city with a population of 30,344  that is located in Orange County.
Did you know?
Of all U.S. states, Mississippi had the highest uninsured motorist rate (28 percent) when last measured.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)