Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Payson
- Minimum Liability Limits in Payson: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Payson
- Payson Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Payson
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Payson 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
Payson Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Payson Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Payson
- Based on historical and current data, 9,972 cars are currently insured in Payson. 
- Arizona cities collectively ranked 18th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 4,165,847. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Payson
- Based on historical and current data, Payson has an estimated 1,308 uninsured drivers. 
- Arizona cities collectively had the 28th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Payson
- Arizona cities collectively had the 18th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Payson Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? No
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect.. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Payson Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Payson 
- Payson, AZ minimum driving age: 15 years, 6 months.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Payson
- Renewal cycle: until age 65 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Payson
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Payson
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1991 and apply to drivers/passengers 8+ years in front seat; 8 through 15 in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 4 years and younger; children 5 through 7 who are 57 inches or shorter. 
Arizona Car & Driver Facts
Arizona Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in AZ 
- Registered Cars: 2,363,015
- Registered Trucks: 2,555,552
- Registered Motorcycles: 178,928
- Total Registrations: 5,109,254
- Rank: Arizona ranked 19th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Arizona Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in AZ
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph (Trucks: 65 mph) 
- Arizona Motor Fuel Consumption
- Arizona cities collectively ranked 16th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Arizona Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in AZ 
- Female Drivers: 2,282,973
- Male Drivers: 2,309,425
- Total Drivers: 4,592,398
- Rank: 16th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Payson, AZ
Payson (Arizona) is a town with a population of 15,301  that is located in Gila County.
Did you know?
Novice drivers are prohibited from the use of all cell phones in 37 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)