Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Yorkville
- Minimum Liability Limits in Yorkville: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: In addition, policyholders must have $50,000/$100,000 for wrongful death coverage.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Yorkville
- Yorkville Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Yorkville
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Yorkville 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Yorkville Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Yorkville Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Yorkville
- Based on historical and current data, 1,299 cars are currently insured in Yorkville. 
- New York cities collectively ranked 4th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 9,358,429. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Yorkville
- Based on historical and current data, Yorkville has an estimated 84 uninsured drivers. 
- New York cities collectively had the 49th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Yorkville
- New York cities collectively had the 4th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Yorkville Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Yorkville Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Yorkville 
- Yorkville, NY minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Yorkville
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Yorkville
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Yorkville
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1984 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 3 and younger unless more than 40 pounds and are seated where there is no available lap/shoulder belt; 4 - 7 years unless they are seated where there is no available lap/shoulder belt. 
New York Car & Driver Facts
New York Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NY 
- Registered Cars: 5,866,664
- Registered Trucks: 4,169,695
- Registered Motorcycles: 345,855
- Total Registrations: 10,430,559
- Rank: New York ranked 5th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New York Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NY
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New York Motor Fuel Consumption
- New York cities collectively ranked 4th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New York Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NY 
- Female Drivers: 5,438,554
- Male Drivers: 5,772,229
- Total Drivers: 11,210,783
- Rank: 4th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Yorkville, NY
Yorkville (New York) is a village with a population of 2,689  that is located in Oneida County.
Did you know?
As of August 2013, three states (Idaho, Kansas and Minnesota) permit electronic delivery (e-Delivery) of insurance documents.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)