Car Insurance in 10453 (Bronx, NY)
Car Insurance Liability Requirements in 10453
- Minimum Liability Limits in 10453: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: In addition, policyholders must have $50,000/$100,000 for wrongful death coverage.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in 10453
- 10453 Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in 10453
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in 10453 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws for ZIP Code 10453
Car Insurance Stats for 10453
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in 10453
- Based on historical and current data, 37,818 cars are currently insured in 10453. 
- New York cities collectively ranked 4th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 9,358,429. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in 10453
- Based on historical and current data, ZIP Code 10453 has an estimated 2,446 uninsured drivers. 
- New York cities collectively had the 49th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in 10453
- All New York ZIP Codes collectively had the 4th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
10453 Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? Yes
- hand-held phone ban in place for all drivers. 
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Automotive Laws in ZIP Code 10453
- Minimum Driving Age in 10453 
- 10453 minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in 10453
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in 10453
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in 10453
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1984 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for 3 and younger unless more than 40 pounds and are seated where there is no available lap/shoulder belt; 4 - 7 years unless they are seated where there is no available lap/shoulder belt. 
New York Car & Driver Facts
New York (including 10453) Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in NY 
- Registered Cars: 5,866,664
- Registered Trucks: 4,169,695
- Registered Motorcycles: 345,855
- Total Registrations: 10,430,559
- Rank: New York ranked 5th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
New York (including 10453) Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in NY
- Rural interstates: 65 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- New York (including 10453) Motor Fuel Consumption
- New York cities collectively ranked 4th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
New York Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in NY 
- Female Drivers: 5,438,554
- Male Drivers: 5,772,229
- Total Drivers: 11,210,783
- Rank: 4th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about New York
The region that is made up by ZIP Code 10453 has a population of approximately 78,309 and is located in Bronx County in New York (Bronx, NY). 
Car Insurance in 10453
For more information about 10453 Car Insurance, or for additional resources regarding car insurance overall, visit the New York Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Penalties for driving without required insurance coverage vary widely by location. Fines can reach into the thousands of dollars.
Car Insurance Resources for Other ZIP Codes in New York
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)