Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Irvington
- Minimum Liability Limits in Irvington: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Irvington
- Irvington Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Irvington
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Irvington 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Irvington Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Irvington Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Irvington
- Based on historical and current data, 830 cars are currently insured in Irvington. 
- Kentucky cities collectively ranked 25th in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 3,049,647. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Irvington
- Based on historical and current data, Irvington has an estimated 143 uninsured drivers. 
- Kentucky cities collectively had the 8th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Irvington
- Kentucky cities collectively had the 27th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Irvington Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to school bus drivers. 
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Irvington Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Irvington 
- Irvington, KY minimum driving age: 16 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Irvington
- Renewal cycle: 4 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Irvington
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
- All riders younger than 21 years are required to wear helmets, without exception. Those 21 and older may ride without helmets only if they can show proof that they are covered by a medical insurance policy. * Also covers operators with instructional/learner\'s permits. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Irvington
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1994 and apply to drivers/passengers 6 and younger and more than 50 inches in all seats; 7+ in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 40 inches or less in a child restraint; 6 and younger who are between 40 and 50 inches tall in a booster seat. 
Kentucky Car & Driver Facts
Kentucky Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in KY 
- Registered Cars: 1,883,309
- Registered Trucks: 1,770,584
- Registered Motorcycles: 98,495
- Total Registrations: 3,763,027
- Rank: Kentucky ranked 26th in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Kentucky Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in KY
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road) 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 55 mph 
- Kentucky Motor Fuel Consumption
- Kentucky cities collectively ranked 25th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Kentucky Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in KY 
- Female Drivers: 1,498,660
- Male Drivers: 1,461,221
- Total Drivers: 2,959,881
- Rank: 27th highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Irvington, KY
Irvington (Kentucky) is a city with a population of 1,181  that is located in Breckinridge County.
Did you know?
Penalties for driving without required insurance coverage vary widely by location. Fines can reach into the thousands of dollars.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)