Panama City Car Insurance
Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Panama City
- Minimum Liability Limits in Panama City: 10/20/10 
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Panama City
- Panama City Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Panama City
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Panama City 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Panama City Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Panama City Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Panama City
- Based on historical and current data, 22,199 cars are currently insured in Panama City. 
- Florida cities collectively ranked 3rd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 11,439,646. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Panama City
- Based on historical and current data, Panama City has an estimated 6,331 uninsured drivers. 
- Florida cities collectively had the 5th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Panama City
- Florida cities collectively had the 5th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Panama City Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? No
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Panama City Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Panama City 
- Panama City, FL minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Panama City
- Renewal cycle: 8 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Panama City
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
- All riders younger than 21 years are required to wear helmets, without exception. Those 21 years and older may ride without helmets only if they can show proof that they are covered by a medical insurance policy. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Panama City
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1986 and apply to drivers/passengers 6+ years in front seat; 6 through 17 years in all seats. 
- Child restraint law in place for 3 years and younger. 
Florida Car & Driver Facts
Florida Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in FL 
- Registered Cars: 7,981,816
- Registered Trucks: 6,878,085
- Registered Motorcycles: 574,346
- Total Registrations: 15,469,189
- Rank: Florida ranked 3rd in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Florida Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in FL
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Florida Motor Fuel Consumption
- Florida cities collectively ranked 3rd in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Florida Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in FL 
- Female Drivers: 7,124,172
- Male Drivers: 6,758,251
- Total Drivers: 13,882,423
- Rank: 3rd highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Panama City, FL
About Panama City
Panama City (Florida) is a city with a population of 36,484  that is located in Bay County.
Did you know?
Motorcyclists are currently required by law to wear a helmet are in place in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)