Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Hooper
- Minimum Liability Limits in Hooper: 25/50/15 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Hooper
- Hooper Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Hooper
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Hooper 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Hooper Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Hooper Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Hooper
- Based on historical and current data, 77 cars are currently insured in Hooper. 
- Colorado cities collectively ranked 22nd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 3,780,070. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Hooper
- Based on historical and current data, Hooper has an estimated 11 uninsured drivers. 
- Colorado cities collectively had the 16th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Hooper
- Colorado cities collectively had the 25th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Hooper Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Hooper Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Hooper 
- Hooper, CO minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Hooper
- Renewal cycle: 10 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Hooper
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger and passengers 17 and younger. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Hooper
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1987 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for younger than 1 year and less than 20 pounds in a rear-facing infant seat; 1 - 3 years and 20-40 pounds in a child safety seat; 4 - 7 years in a booster seat. 
Colorado Car & Driver Facts
Colorado Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in CO 
- Registered Cars: 1,798,922
- Registered Trucks: 2,350,093
- Registered Motorcycles: 173,231
- Total Registrations: 4,332,251
- Rank: Colorado ranked 22nd in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Colorado Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in CO
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Colorado Motor Fuel Consumption
- Colorado cities collectively ranked 26th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Colorado Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in CO 
- Female Drivers: 1,843,108
- Male Drivers: 1,826,708
- Total Drivers: 3,669,816
- Rank: 22nd highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Hooper, CO
Hooper (Colorado) is a town with a population of 103  that is located in Alamosa County.
Did you know?
Novice drivers are prohibited from the use of all cell phones in 37 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)