Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Erie
- Minimum Liability Limits in Erie: 25/50/15 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Erie
- Erie Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Erie
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Erie 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Erie Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Erie Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Erie
- Based on historical and current data, 13,631 cars are currently insured in Erie. 
- Colorado cities collectively ranked 22nd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 3,780,070. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Erie
- Based on historical and current data, Erie has an estimated 2,011 uninsured drivers. 
- Colorado cities collectively had the 16th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Erie
- Colorado cities collectively had the 25th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Erie Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to drivers younger than 18. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Erie Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Erie 
- Erie, CO minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Erie
- Renewal cycle: 10 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Erie
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger and passengers 17 and younger. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Erie
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1987 and apply to drivers/passengers 16+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for younger than 1 year and less than 20 pounds in a rear-facing infant seat; 1 - 3 years and 20-40 pounds in a child safety seat; 4 - 7 years in a booster seat. 
Colorado Car & Driver Facts
Colorado Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in CO 
- Registered Cars: 1,798,922
- Registered Trucks: 2,350,093
- Registered Motorcycles: 173,231
- Total Registrations: 4,332,251
- Rank: Colorado ranked 22nd in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Colorado Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in CO
- Rural interstates: 75 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Colorado Motor Fuel Consumption
- Colorado cities collectively ranked 26th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Colorado Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in CO 
- Female Drivers: 1,843,108
- Male Drivers: 1,826,708
- Total Drivers: 3,669,816
- Rank: 22nd highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Erie, CO
Erie (Colorado) is a town with a population of 18,135  that is located in Weld County.
Did you know?
Motorcyclists are currently required by law to wear a helmet are in place in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)