Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Summerdale
- Minimum Liability Limits in Summerdale: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Summerdale
- Summerdale Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Summerdale
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Summerdale 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Summerdale Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Summerdale Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Summerdale
- Based on historical and current data, 623 cars are currently insured in Summerdale. 
- Alabama cities collectively ranked 23rd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 3,454,427. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Summerdale
- Based on historical and current data, Summerdale has an estimated 149 uninsured drivers. 
- Alabama cities collectively had the 6th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Summerdale
- Alabama cities collectively had the 37th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Summerdale Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to 16-year-old drivers; 17-year-old drivers who have held an intermediate license for fewer than 6 months. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect for texting by all drivers. Secondary enforcement in effect for cell phone use by young drivers.. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Summerdale Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Summerdale 
- Summerdale, AL minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Summerdale
- Renewal cycle: 4 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Summerdale
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Summerdale
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1991 and apply to drivers/passengers 15+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for younger than 1 or less than 20 pounds in a rear-facing infant seat; 1 - 4 years or 20-40 pounds in a forward-facing child safety seat; 5 but not yet 6 in a booster seat. 
Alabama Car & Driver Facts
Alabama Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in AL 
- Registered Cars: 2,307,668
- Registered Trucks: 2,364,601
- Registered Motorcycles: 127,301
- Total Registrations: 4,811,943
- Rank: Alabama ranked 21st in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Alabama Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in AL
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Alabama Motor Fuel Consumption
- Alabama cities collectively ranked 17th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Alabama Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in AL 
- Female Drivers: 1,947,603
- Male Drivers: 1,850,949
- Total Drivers: 3,798,552
- Rank: 21st highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Summerdale, AL
Summerdale (Alabama) is a town with a population of 862  that is located in Baldwin County.
Did you know?
As of July 2013, 26 U.S. states had laws that allow drivers to show proof of insurance electronically on smartphones.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)