Car Insurance Liability Requirements in Dozier
- Minimum Liability Limits in Dozier: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: The amounts listed above are the minimum coverage amounts required by the law. Drivers can opt to purchase more than the mandatory minimum amounts.
Required Car Insurance Coverage in Dozier
- Dozier Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Car Insurance Verification Laws in Dozier
- Insurer Verification of Auto Insurance in Dozier 
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Dozier Car Insurance Facts, Estimates & Related Laws
Dozier Car Insurance Stats
- Number of Auto Insurance Policies in Dozier
- Based on historical and current data, 238 cars are currently insured in Dozier. 
- Alabama cities collectively ranked 23rd in the nation in auto insurance policies in 2011 with a total of 3,454,427. 
- Uninsured Motorist Rate in Dozier
- Based on historical and current data, Dozier has an estimated 57 uninsured drivers. 
- Alabama cities collectively had the 6th highest uninsured motorist rate in the nation in 2009. 
- Average Car Insurance Rates in Dozier
- Alabama cities collectively had the 37th highest auto insurance rates in the nation in 2010. 
Dozier Distracted Driving Laws
- Hand-held phone ban? No
- Texting-while-driving ban? Yes
- Texting-while-driving ban in place for all drivers. 
- Young drivers cell phone ban? Yes
- Ban applies to 16-year-old drivers; 17-year-old drivers who have held an intermediate license for fewer than 6 months. 
- Bus driver cell phone ban? No
- Enforcement of laws:
- Primary enforcement in effect for texting by all drivers. Secondary enforcement in effect for cell phone use by young drivers.. 
- With primary enforcement, a police officer can pull over a driver for that specific offense. Drivers cannot be pulled over solely for a secondary offense.
Dozier Automotive Laws
- Minimum Driving Age in Dozier 
- Dozier, AL minimum driving age: 15 years.
- Driver's License Renewal Cycle in Dozier
- Renewal cycle: 4 years 
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Dozier
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
- Safety Belt Laws in Dozier
- Safety belt laws have been in place since 1991 and apply to drivers/passengers 15+ years in front seat. 
- Child restraint law in place for younger than 1 or less than 20 pounds in a rear-facing infant seat; 1 - 4 years or 20-40 pounds in a forward-facing child safety seat; 5 but not yet 6 in a booster seat. 
Alabama Car & Driver Facts
Alabama Auto Registrations
- Auto Registrations in AL 
- Registered Cars: 2,307,668
- Registered Trucks: 2,364,601
- Registered Motorcycles: 127,301
- Total Registrations: 4,811,943
- Rank: Alabama ranked 21st in the United States in total auto registrations in 2011.
Alabama Automotive Facts
- Speed Limits in AL
- Rural interstates: 70 mph 
- Urban interstates: 65 mph 
- Other roads: 65 mph 
- Alabama Motor Fuel Consumption
- Alabama cities collectively ranked 17th in the nation in total motor fuel consumption in 2011. 
Alabama Licensed Drivers
- Licensed Drivers in AL 
- Female Drivers: 1,947,603
- Male Drivers: 1,850,949
- Total Drivers: 3,798,552
- Rank: 21st highest in the U.S.
Additional information about Dozier, AL
Dozier (Alabama) is a town with a population of 329  that is located in Crenshaw County.
Did you know?
Driving while text messaging is currently banned for all drivers in 41 states and the District of Columbia.
1. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO)
2. ^ National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
3. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (III)
5. ^ Automobile Insurance Plans Service Office (AIPSO) & United States Census Bureau
6. ^ Insurance Research Council (IRC) and United States Census Bureau
7. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) & Highway Loss Data Institute
8. ^ Office of Highway Policy Information
9. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
10. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
11. ^ Federal Highway Administration
12. ^ United States Census Bureau
13. ^ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
14. ^ National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)